Battery Life N800 + OS2008

Hi,

ext Brad Midgley wrote:
> A quick thing to check is running 'top' and looking for cpu bandits.
>
> I had a 3rd part app gobbling up cpu due to a bug once; another time
> an internal launcher app was going nuts and it turned out to be caused
> by an sdcard corruption problem.

A process waking up very often can also be a problem as it doesn't
allow hardware to sleep[1], but if it consumes very little CPU each
time, you don't see it in "top".  Strace can find those out, see:
	http://maemo.org/development/tools/doc/strace

	- Eero

[1] For CPU, even a badly coded program shouldn't be active more often
     than at several seconds intervals when it's not doing anything for
     the user. Network access should happen *much* more infrequently
     (say at max 1/2 min interval even in badly coded program)

"
  Want to be a bloat detective?
  Pick a binary, any binary.
  There, you found it!