Will repository.maemo.org be fixed?

Jonathan Greene wrote:
> An interesting and very temporary alternative ....

Yes, I tried to set the IP address of the repository manually in
/etc/hosts. Unfortunately ....

* gainroot is not installed
* ssh is installed and it reconfigured my root password
  -- the password I provided does not work

Sigh.

Fortunately I run a Linux box that provides internal DNS services to my
network at home, so I will probably try adding the Maemo address to that
system in hopes of escaping the clutches of the broken Akamai caches.