Review of the automated update feature of 0S2008

All,

   Since I've been using it so much.... figured I'd give it a review.

On 2008-beta it doesn't quite go automagic.. this IMHO is good.  You
do a normal Flash install.  Then as expected it notices your backup
(the backup HAS to be done under 2008 for all of this to work.)
completes a restore, reboots and asks if you want to now restore
software.

At this point it opens the Applications Manager for you.  Then
nothing.   This is a bit un-expected as it had already asked if you
wanted to begin.  So I connect to my WiFi and then traverse the menu
to Tools > Application Restore

Boom, it takes off immediately it updates the apt-get lists,
calculates a list of all the "missing" applications. (not versions
btw) and presents you with a list of what it thinks it needs to
install (this list is dumbed up in that it only includes apps not
their dependencies. )

Installation from there procedes as normal.  There are interuptions
for configuration related questions (just as it would happen if you
installed the app as a singlet.) but otherwise no other human input
is needed.

One big  plus is how it handles the non installable ( Bad file ... not
in any of the repositories etc) it asks if you want to skip... and
does so without a problem.  Additionally if you have to stop in the
middle for any reason it will allow you to run it over and over each
time calculating anew what is missing.

Problems:

Minor but there.

1.  If at any time for any reason it can't install a file the
last "screen" is a popup that says "Operation Failed"  This rather
ominous alert is inaccurate.  Actually the overall program succeeded
but the install of a single deb failed.

2.  The dead spot when the Application Manager is first opened.  If I
hadn't been nosy I never would have found the link I needed to click
to get it all going.

3.  Pidgin config files still don't make it into a backup for some
reason.

Overview.

Overall a big 4.5 out of 5 stars and a very useful app.

James