N800 peering

On Sat, Dec 15, 2007 at 02:56:41PM -0500, James Knott wrote:
> This morning I tried to connect my N800 to a friend's.  While we could
> connect, we couldn't view the other's using the file manager.  While the
> other N800 was visible in file manager, under blue tooth, we could not
> see any files.  Instead, there was an error message about the device is
> not available.  Any idea why or what's required?  Is there anything else
> we can do between to N800's via blue tooth?

IIRC the N800 supports file transfers via bluetooth (the OBEX PUSH
protocol), but not file browsing (the OBEX FTP protocol).  You can send
files from one N800 to another by selecting a file and, um, sending it
(there's a menu option somewhere), from the File Manager.

(When I say the N800 doesn't support OBEX FTP, I mean from the server
side -- it can use OBEX FTP to browse files on other devices such as
mobile phones.)

Marius Gedminas
--
Added mysterious, undocumented --scanflags and --fuzzy options.
	-- nmap 3.0 announcement