synchronization with MS exchange

Graham Cobb wrote:
> On Thursday 06 December 2007 20:21:48 hendrik at topoi.pooq.com wrote:
>> (a) Is there a way of syncing from a Palm to gpe on an N800?  It probably
>> only needs to be done once, if all goes well (which it never does, of
>> course)
>
> Opensync (www.opensync.org) has plugins for both Palm and GPE so it should be
> able to handle that synchronisation.

I did it via file export/import using jpilot on linux: exported my
contacts as vcards, my notes as text (or csv), and my calendar as
iCalendar.  It wasn't perfect, but it was probably 98%.  I then imported
the contacts and calendar into gpe-contacts and gpe-calendar.  Notes are
text files, so that isn't a big deal except I had one or two notes that
were more than 4K in size which caused jpilot to truncate them.  I used
the Pilot Windows program to get the full notes for those.

>> (b) I seem to remember hearing once that the N800's disk -- or RAM or
>> something -- was mountable as a USB file system from a Linux machine that
>> it plugs into. Is this so?  Or is something like it so?
>
> On the 770, the memory card can be mounted on a Linux (or Windows) system when
> the 770 is plugged in using USB.  I presume this works the same way on the
> N800.
>
> Graham

Yes, the n800 shows up as one or two drives, depending on how many SD
cards you have plugged in.

Best regards,
gvb