OS2008: beta version of Modest e-mail client available

 >> - modest will *not* replace the official e-mail program

I would very much like to ditch the official email program in every
possible way. Can it be uninstalled? I'm willing to edit files in order
to do so.

One of my biggest complaints against OSX is the inability to rid one's
self of the truly awful standard Apple email program. Nokia/Maemo should
not make the same mistake.