OS2008: beta version of Modest e-mail client available

On Tuesday 11 December 2007 03:26:50 pm Jose Antonio Vacas Martinez
wrote:
> Grande!!!!
>
> On Dec 11, 2007 11:24 PM, Aniello Del Sorbo <anidel at gmail.com>
wrote:
> > I really love it!!!!!
> > So fast even on gprs!
> >
> > The way mail reading was meant to be.
> >
> > Thanks a lot for this gem. It deserves a place in the next os
> > release.

Looks great... tried it out with IMAP and SSL connectiing to an
exchange server.

not fun

Seems that MS has the deleted pile ... the really deleted pile the "I
know you said to delete it but I'm keeping it anyway pile" and
the "Just in case you lied the 1st 3 times" pile.  (Ok the last one I
haven't found yet.)

Seems  that modest mail is trying now to download every mail I've
received in the last 6 months or so, including all  of my previously
discarded junk etc.  All 29,938 mails.   Not cool.

Any idea how I can get it to stop doing this without pissing off the
win-admin and shooting the exchange server?  ;)

On the up side.  everything else works like a charm...... Beta's
should always be this smooth.

James