dual boot with 2007 from device and 2008 from MMC - possible?

I would echo Frantisek comments.  I have run mmc boot from both environments,
ie 2008 kernel with 2007 rootfs and vice versa.  The basics work both ways.
The up/down doesn't with a 2008 kernel and 2007 rootfs but does the other way
round.  wifi doesn't in either cross environment.  Bluetooth does, at least
2007 kernel with 2008 rootfs.  I could get net access via my phone using
bluetooth

The files from Frantisek's site work and the current tar deb file also works.
It appears that the main disconnect is some change in the api for the wifi.
The key issue must be something to do with how the keys are setup after the
boot selection has been made.  The up/down keys work to select which
partition you want for the rootfs in both 2007 and 2008 so the basic driver
must be working at that point.  I noticed in linuxrc for 2008 there as couple
of extra key assignments which I haven't checked the effect of.  Also I think
that the keys work in the basic menus with a 2008 kernel and 2007 rootfs, but
I don't have that combination flashed right now so can't easily check

So if it wasn't for the wifi problem I would run a 2008 kernel with 2
partitions on my sdcard so I could boot into either my 2007 apps or 2008
environment.

As in all these things I suspect others experience will be different .... ah
plus ca change or YMMV

Bob