maemo.org localization (was Re: non-English blogs on Planet maemo?)

Hi!

Rafael Proen?a wrote:
> Now that it came up, I recently noticed that there are not many (if any)
> localized versions of the Maemo community resources. I mean, localized
> versions of the Website, Planet, Wiki, and so on would be really
> interesting.

That would be very nice indeed.

> Sorry, I can't help mentioning Ubuntu LoCoTeams[1] which really does
> bring the community together. Despite the fact that the ITs are mostly
> sold in countries where people speak english, there are many people
> outside there that does not speak/understand English but would like to
> be part of it, by getting help or contributing in some way.
 >
> Does anyone else think that would be nice to see localized versions of
> the maemo.org <http://maemo.org> resources?

Yes, I would like to see this, too. And I would like to help. ;-) As
native german speaker I could work on german parts.

> For a quick comparison you can see the resources at www.ubuntu.com
> <http://www.ubuntu.com> and www.ubuntu-br.org
> <http://www.ubuntu-br.org>, this last one if from the Ubuntu Brazilian
> Community. I would love to see a "Maemo Brazilian Community" (as I know
> that are many brazilians here in this list) and such.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> [1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoTeams

Those LoCoTeams do more than just localization. There also offering
help, consulting, organize user meetings. May be we should start to get
some localization done first. :-)

	cos