Tethering N800 to Sprint phone

I am considering switching to Sprint in the US, and I would like to
choose a current phone that would support tethering (phone as modem)
with the Nokia N800. I will buy a data plan. I am not sure how to tell
which phones will work with the N800.

Under the "full features" tab, Sprint shows several phones as supporting
"phone as a modem" but the option to buy a data plan does not appear
when I select any of the free phones, only the Samsung M510 which is 99
dollars.

Can anyone answer which current U.S. Sprint phones, especially the sanyo
SCP 3200 or the LG LX160 can tether with the N800? Sprint offers windows
XP software to tether, but I'm not interested in that.

Thanks in advance

Chris