N800 messed up after installation of LCARS theme.

On 10/30/07, Jonathan Greene <atmasphere at atmasphere.net> wrote:
> On 10/30/07, Michael Bernhard Arp S?rensen <karneevor at provingground.dk> wrote:
> > Hi all.
> >
> > Has anyone of you had that problem before?
> >
> > My application manager does not start either. Is there a way to fix that?
> Have you tried removing it?

"It" being what in this context?
The application manager? I wouldn't suggest that.
The LCARS theme? Hard to do if his application manager doesn't work.

Michael, I have installed the LCARS theme in the past (in fact, it
might have been last halloween :]) without difficulty and it was
probably on the 770 and not the N800. More recent firmware could have
changed how things work causing the theme to not install correctly
anymore. In fact, there is a big fat warning on the homepage stating
such things:

from http://synthesize.us/LCARS_PADD :

"WARNING:These themes have an incompatibility with Nokia's July 6,
2007, software update for N800 (version 4.2007.26-8) which results in
the original statusbar and task navigator icons failing to be restored
upon uninstallation of a theme. So, pending a workaround, do not
install LCARS on the new OS (unless you want to keep it :) "

Reflashing the firmware will hopefully clear things up. Hopefully this
theme gets fixed up to work with more recent firmware.

/Mike