Does N770 have a REAL memory limit to 64MB?

?drian L?vio wrote:
> Ryan Pavlik escreveu:
>> ?drian L?vio wrote:

>>> Look the table from
>>> http://www.forum.nokia.com/main/platforms/maemo/index.html#featured
>>> The 770 haves 64M of RAM memory. The use of the mmc card expands the
>>> memory avaliable to install programs (128M). Then using the MMC you
>>> got more spaces to install application, but you yet have the same
>>> memory to run programs.
>>> []s
>>>
>> This is not an accurate statement.  The MMC card offers additional
>> file storage (it shows up in applications and the File manager).
>> Additionally, you can enable "extend virtual memory" which offers a
>> sort of "swap space" which lets you run more applications at once
>> (extending the 64mb built in ram with a slower flash-backed "hard
>> drive").  Using a standard 770, you cannot increase the amount of
>> space to _install_ applications: this is limited to 128.
>>
>> Booting from MMC (a rather complicated, advanced maneuver) lets you
>> install as many applications as will fit on the MMC card you
>> purchased - in this case, I believe the card will _not_ show up as
>> "Removable Memory Card" in the file manager or applications, as it is
>> essentially serving as the system's internal 'hard drive'-type device.
>>
> Hi Ryan Pavlik,
> Then, is possible to enable both solutions, boot from mmc and use swap
> in mmc?

No clue, sorry.  Haven't ever booted from MMC myself.  I'd imagine that
if you had a data partition on your MMC in addition to the root/boot
partition, you could create a swapfile there.

--
Ryan Pavlik
AbiWord Win32 Platform Maintainer, Art Lead: www.abisource.com

"Optimism is the father that leads to achievement."
 -- Helen Keller

"The folder structure in a modern Linux distribution such as Ubuntu
was largely inspired by the original UNIX foundations that were
created by men with large beards and sensible jumpers."
 -- Jono Bacon, The Ubuntu Guide