Does N770 have a REAL memory limit to 64MB?

Mike Yue escreveu:
> When I booted the N770 from internal flash memory, I couldn't run as
> many apps as I booted from MMC card, so I thought the MMC card had
> already done the job extending the real memory.
> But, seems I was wrong.
> Now my N770 is booted from MMC card ext2 partition(around 450MB). From
> command "top", I can see only 64M memory there, and over 95% used:
>
> Mem: 60672K used, 1552K free, 0K shrd, 872K buff, 27736K Cached.
>
> From command "df", I can see the root filesystem(/dev/mmcblk0p2 is the
> MMC card partition ext2, now mounted to /)
>
> Filesystem         1k-blocks         Used             Available
> Use%  Mounted on
> /dev/mmcblk0p2     464324            158407           281945
> 36%   /
>
> So, I am wondering if it is possible to extend the REAL memory to MMC
> card, and if someone has done that job?
> BTW, as the article(howto_easily_boot_from_mmc_card) said, the N770
> should run much faster than booting from internal flash memory, but I
> don't see that difference. Did I do something wrong?
>
> Thanks for your attentions, and appreciate for any replies.
>
> Mike

Look the table from
http://www.forum.nokia.com/main/platforms/maemo/index.html#featured
The 770 haves 64M of RAM memory. The use of the mmc card expands the
memory avaliable to install programs (128M). Then using the MMC you got
more spaces to install application, but you yet have the same memory to
run programs.
[]s