N800 won't connect via WPA2...says "network does not support"

Thanks for help all.

I managed to unbrick my wrt54gl (tftp via orig. linksys firmware at
reboot of unit...whew!) and got onto v24RC4 (was on rc1). This and a
reboot after configuring for "WPA2Mixed/TKIP+AES" yields the following
results:

8525 (WM5): Connect via WPA2/AES (at least it says so)
N800: Connect only via WPA (wpa2 still yields network msg)...not sure
whether tkip or aes.
ST5111 (WinXP): Now (After router reboot) uses WPA/AES and not
tkip...but still no wpa2.
    Tried Msoft and Athereos...only atheros had wpa2 option...but it
falls back to wpa.
Inspiron (WinXP): WPA-PSK/AES (not even option for wpa2)

So firmware upgrade only yielded ability to use AES whereas before all
clients were tkip. The router reboot after making settings changes may
have done this actually. dd-wrt seems to get a little confused when
you're in the ui going and forth between ssid hidden/visible and making
security changes.

I will start looking for dd-wrt bug/changelist (they don't bundle with
firmware downloads?!?) and am of belief now that (perhaps) WM5 is
"falling back" to WPA...although I do have it explicitly set to WPA2 and
not WPA. I wouldn't think fallback would NOT occur in this case as there
is specific selection for wpa2. Oddly enough my tablet pc (st5111) only
has WPA2/WPA option...wpa2 cannot be forced.

[side note]
dd-wrt is so flexible now. I could setup virtual ssid (all are hidden)
for my wife's old WEP-only laptop and further restrict access by macid.
I am even restricting by macid on wpa2 ssid as well. N800 is in these
lists although it's hostname doesn't show up in wifi list.

What was I thinking reflashing my primary AP first and not my backup
unit...that's what it's there for...doh!
[/side note]

mike