N810 . Email Client / RSS Client

Hi, summarizing:

EMAIL CLIENT

- Modest (open source and based on the Tinymail framework) is going to
substitute the current email client that is still being shipped in
OS2008. The sources are out there and being refreshed regularly but
compile them is not easy at this point.

- We are going to make releases under development through one-click
install for public testing and feedback, as we did with the Mozilla
based browser and SIP features. The first release will come at the same
time as Chinook final and the N810 hit the streets. There will be
additional releases until we get the final one.

- About Modest: API for applications in place, IMAP no problem and good
integration with popular web based services. Just to make things clear,
the address book component is not part of the Modest project.

- Once we release the first version under development we will open the
typical channels of communication: garage news, bugs in Bugzilla,
developers available through planet blog and maemo-developers list.

RSS client

- The home applet is totally rewritten.

- The application has been improved. Most if not all the bugs that were
bothering you are now fixed. In the following days the developers will
go through the bugs at Bugzilla updating the to the according status in
OS2008.

--
Quim Gil - http://maemo.org