Is the N810 usb port a full host USB port?

Hi,

On Dienstag 23 Oktober 2007, John Rudd wrote:
> Brian Litzinger wrote:
> > Does anyone know if the N810 USB port does host mode and
> > if it can supply power?
>
> It's USB On-The-Go, which _can_ act as in Host mode with non-OTG devices
> (but it's not clear to me whether the N810 would fall back to host mode
> or client mode when dealing with non-OTG stuff).
USB OTG have normally a special plug. I know the miniUSB and microUSB standard
with 5 pins (and diverent housing for type A (host), type B (device) and type
AB (OTG)) and pin 4 defines the ID (if GND than type A, if open than type B).
Details see (found only in german language):
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/OTG#Farbkodierung_und_Pinouts

More details you can found at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB_On-The-Go
http://www.usb.org/developers/onthego/

> As far as I know it does not supply power to the bus (that's part of
> what OTG does), and it can't charge via USB.
See OTG Standard in following link:
http://www.usb.org/developers/docs/USB_OTG_1-3.pdf

--
Ciao Ulf