Steve's Ranty Review #1: N800 ogg support

On Friday 19 October 2007 05:02:26 Frederic Crozat wrote:
<snip>
> Just curious : is the n800 really supposed to last "days" when connected
> via Wifi (with full WLAN Power Save mode enabled), without any
> disconnect timeout and anything doing network access on the wifi link ?
>
> When I check battery applet (which is really great btw), I'm never sure
> if the "in use" time is applicable when being idle AND wifi connected.
>
> I know I disable network auto-connect and set disconnect timeout to 5min
> because I had bad experience with first IT2007 version (before full WLAN
> Power Save mode gconf key were given here). Maybe I should try it
> again..

One note.  If you (like I) move around a lot, as in driving down the highway.
Your poor IT can go nuts trying to find a connection. *grin*  When I first
got my 800  I noticed that when I left work, and drove home down the freeway
by the time I got home (1 hour later) my battery had dropped 50%  so I
disable the auto connect and no problem.

The 800 isn't too good at searches done at 80mph

Other thing I learned.  Don't put it on phone autoconnect.  Kills your phone
battery.

James