N810 is here

According to John Rudd  <john at rudd.cc>:
> And, no, it's not about "open and free".  Since the developers in
> question are Nokia (since the comment was directed at the release of the
> N810 itself, and not a request for more 3rd party development), it's
> about how much effort the developers need to put into supporting
> something vs. the amount of return they get from supporting it.

Actually, it is about being open and free. Nokia promotes the tablet
as an open platform, and is using huge amounts of free software as the
basis for its product. To ignore ogg-vorbis support, which *is* an
important feature for many of us (and far more valuable, to *me*, than
WMA and AAC support), and is pretty much the only free-as-in-freedom
codec, is a bit of a slap in the face.

Some of us do have political agendas, such as promoting the use of free
software. That Nokia uses our software (as is their right, according to
our licenses), but then promotes non-free codecs/software, is a bit sad.

Regards,
Steve

--
Steve Greenland