770 Hacker Edition: browser fails on startup

Hi,

I flashed my 770 with the latest Hacker Edition. Everything works very well -
except for the browser. Suddenly I get a pop up message "Internal error."
when I try to start up a browser.

The strange part is, that the browser comes up and then it does collaps with
the mentioned message.

What I tried so far:
* empty the cache from /home/user/.opera/
* remove the entire directory /home/user/.opera
* remove the  /home/user/.browser
* checked dmesg to see if there is a message from the kernel trying to access
a corrupted file (seems to be not the case)

Just in case you have an idea that prevents me from reflashing the 770 I would
be really happy. What else can I try?

Thanks in advance

Krischan