maemo-users Digest, Vol 30, Issue 32

About playing WAV file...

> 2. When I log into the GrandCentral mobile website and try to listen
> to an audio recording (mp3), I get a "File format not supported" error
> message by the audio player. If I save the file first to the 770, than I
> can get
> it to play. Is it that the audio player is not supporting streaming
> from GrandCental. (Note: I am using the mobile website, as the regular
> website appeas to use flash that is not compatible with the 770 browser.)
>
> Is any one using Gizmo and GranCentral with either the 770 (or n800)?

I just updated my 770 to IT2006, installed Gizmo, and am able to make/receive calls as far as I've tested so far.

The problem I have encountered (not grand central, just gizmo) is incoming voice mail files. These are sent (in my case) to a gmail file, and when I attempt to play the attached WAV file, I also get "file format not supported". If I save the file first, and then open with the audio player application, it works OK.

Just wanted to note this as being separate issue from GrandCentral service.

Dave

Help yourself to FREE treats served up daily at the Messenger Caf?. Stop by today.