Improvements in the browser (was Re: 4.2007.38-2 available)

Il 5-10-2007 19:25, "Steve Yelvington" <steve at yelvington.com> ha scritto:

> I thought the browser tab thing was an urban legend, but it turns out
> they're there, and probably agnostic to the HTML engine.
>
> Last item in the dropdown menu is "Advanced,"where you choose the
> browser engine, and among its (new?) entries is "View" with options for
> tab, box and window. However, in tab mode the tabs are placed on the
> left side of the screen, eating valuable layout space.
>
> There also is a "policy" choice that lets you control Javascript for
> Google separately from the global settings.

OOPS I've replied only to Steve Yelvington, here's it again:

I confirm this, but I think that this menu was not intented to be "released"
to the users. I believe it's an internal/testing menu entry that, somehow,
appears when you flash the new firmware (probably if, in the process, you
also restore the settings/data from a previous backup).

In fact, the Tabs are, as you also noticed, very poorly implemented. Same
for the remaining "views".

--
Anidel