Is anyone actually trying to use Bluetooth keyboards?

On 9/26/07, Johnny <johnny at piratefish.org> wrote:

> Does everyone just not use BT keyboards and wire in through USB or SSH
> into it remotely??

Googling, You can find people who have used USB keyboards with a home built
power supply using a battery.  The Nokia 770 can't supply power to the USB
keyboard.  Also, It is necessary to flash the OS so that it is in USB host
mode.

A friend of mine has successfully built the power supply and has a USB
keyboard working.  However, he complains that he is getting a lot of
duplicate key strokes.  He has tried other USB keyboards and continues to
have this problem with them as well.  He knows the keyboards are OK.  He has
modified the capacitors on the power supply he built, but is still having
the problem.

I attempted to put together the power supply with a 9v battery, but probably
due to my poor soldering techniques, I was not successful and finally gave
up and bought a Nokia su-8w Bluetooth keyboard.   It works OK, but I am not
crazy about the keyboard layout and I am still slow typing on it.  If I
remember correctly, you have to use the "Fn" key to type numbers and the
"Fn" and "Shift" keys to type symbols.  Not very good for command line
input.