NXrun?

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 17:37:32 +0200
Damien Challet <dchallet at onetel.com> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I guess that many people are eager to have an nx client
> on their nokia. I would not even mind a non-hildonised
> one. I came accross nxrun, which is written in pygtk.
> Doesn'it mean that it could run on maemo without
> modifications?
>
> More generally, what is the state of NX on maemo. Should
> we start a pledge?

Currently I don?t think there is an NX client that runs on
the n800, nor is there a gpl client that runs on linux. The
core libraries are gpl and a client could be built on top
of that.

I looked at this a few months ago and it isnt too hard to
get the basic authentication mechanism working, but that
will only work on older versions of the NX server. The
newer servers uses a more complicated authentication
mechanism.

The other complication is probably getting some form of
virtual keyboard, but you can probably re-use whatever is
in the vnc client?

Michael

Michael