Nokia 770 periodically lose WiFi connection

On 9/19/07, Kalle Valo <Kalle.Valo at nokia.com> wrote:

> "ext Michael Stepanov" <michael at stepanoff.org> writes:
>
> > I try to use Nokia 770 as control panel for open source system for home
> > automation Plutohome. The application is very critical to losing WiFi
> > connection. But I see that sometimes 770 is not accessible. Even it
> cannot
> > be pinged. It's strange because device is very close to the access point
> > (about one meter). any idea how to solve that problem?
>
> You have to provide more information. What's your Access Point and
> it's settings? How often does the problem appear? Also please be more
> precise, "not accessible" doesn't tell that much.

I have DLink DI-524 Wireless Router. There is only one WiFi enabled device -
Nokia770. When I said 'not accessible' I meaned that I cannot even ping it
during some time. But the connection manager shows that WiFi signal is good.
That happens very often but randomly. I'll be very appreciated if you can
tell me a way how to trace it. Is there possibility to switch on logging
system on Nokia770?

My first guess would be that your Access Point does not support WLAN
> Power Save Mode properly. 770 uses Power Save Mode and it's not widely
> used yet. Especially the older APs seem to be more buggy than the
> newer ones.

Is it possible to switch off WLAN Power Save Mode?

--

--
Cheers,
Michael