Updates in red-pill mode

"ext Thomas Leavitt" <thomas at thomasleavitt.org> writes:

> The device functioned just fine while it was in this "broken" state,
> and just fine afterwards, so I doubt that doing updates in
> "red-pill" mode, alone, is enough to brick the device... I suspect
> there must be something else involved.

Red-pill mode just makes more packages visible, it doesn't give any
additional capabilities to packages.

Thus, saying that "Red-pill mode will likely brick your device" really
means "It is highly likely that the same repositories that contain
desirable applications also contain packages that will brick your
device, you just don't see them unless you are in red-pill mode."