Canola never finds any media

"ext Steve Yelvington" <steve at yelvington.com> writes:

> At this point I'm probably going to have to reflash the unit over the
> weekend and start over, as I have managed to foul up Application
> Manager, which opens a window but won't run.

Check whether you messed up sudo.  This is usually the reason for the
Application Manager refusing to start.  Any number of things will
usually go wrong when sudo is borked, like MMC mounting.

Try as "user" (not as root):

    ~ $ sudo /usr/libexec/apt-worker
    apt-worker: wrong invocation

If you get the error message, sudo is working.