770 Brickage

I know this doesn't pertain to Maemo as such, but I would appreciate
any pointers in the right direction as well.

With still 1 bar of battery left, and no "low battery" warnings to
speak of, my Nokia 770 switched itself off today and then would not
turn back on.

To be specific, I press and/or hold the power button (top of the
device, next to volume +) for any chosen amount of time and the screen
does completely nothing. No flicker, no WSOD, no boot up errors, no
sounds.

I have since tried charging it on supplied AC4 wall charger and DC4
car charger with no results of any kind. I've tried removing the
battery and keeping it out overnight, put it back in, no dice.

I have yet to try a separate battery, but this one is the Nokia BP-5L
I received with the unit about a month ago. Pretty Nokia hologram. It
is rated at 3.7v and my voltmeter reads it as between 3.68 and 3.71,
so it does not appear as though the battery is discharged.

I just wanted to know if there are any tips or tricks, hard reset
options or service guides I could thumb through before giving up and
taking it to a repair center? I'll have to mail it and heaven knows
how long before it will get back.

Thank you for your time. :)

- - Jesse Thompson