N770 Mysteriously Became a Brick

On Tuesday 28 August 2007, you wrote:
> remove the Battery and install it again
>
> or use another battery
>
> or Try to recharge it

That makes a difference.  Thanks!

It had been recharging for a few hours when this happened and it still
would not respond to anything I could do without pulling the battery.
After about 4 hours of recharging, I was trying to find the users guide
(I know I got one, but I can't find it and Nokia doesn't seem to make
them available for download), but I can't find it.

I pulled the battery, then put it in again, as you suggested and now
it's responding.  According to the meter on the screen, it's fully
charged.

What happened and is this going to be an ongoing problem?  What made it
stop responding?  When I plugged it in to the charger, I didn't even
hear the usual chime that says it's plugged in.  Does it go into some
kind of locked mode after so many hours off the charger and not being
used?

This makes me wonder just how reliable this unit is if it can just stop
responding like this.  Is there any way to find out why it did this?

Thanks!

Hal