I want to connect a laptop to the N800 with bt OR usb, how can I then use the N800 as a wifi modem all day long?

Is bt OR usb a better connection if I use the N800 as a wifi modem?
What if I just want to use the laptop keyboard to type stuff into
xterm or other portions of the N800?  Will the no host N800 usb make
that impossible through usb?  Can it be done easily with bluetooth?

Something similar to this subject was discussed over a year ago.
Since my laptop has lost her wifi, connecting to the N800 and using
the N800 as a modem is very important to me.  I am on an extended
trip and have Internet access to wifi but not ethernet.  I have a
lot of work to do in a short time and having my laptop cut off
from the Internet is a big problem.  The N800 connects easily to
the Internet but without my usual big screen, hard disk, and many
other advantages of the laptop over the N800;  twelve hours a day
on the N800 is only a small fraction of the productive of 12 hours
a day on the laptop.  The N800 modem is an excellent solution.  So
how do I use it as such?
Thanks,
Oouc