770 brick

On Fri, Aug 10, 2007 at 09:13:05AM +0200, Frantisek Dufka wrote:
> DJ Delorie wrote:
> > Maybe the lithium battery is too weak to even boot far enough to turn
> > the charger software on?
>
> That would be strange. Once you plug in the charger device should be
> powered from charger, not battery, so even if battery is empty it should
> work (in theory). Yes, the charging may start later, but the device
> should still boot and work with charger.

I have  never had any luck running my 770 without a battery in it.  My assumption was that the battery closed some circuit that allowed the device to power up.

I have experienced problems similar to those described by the OP.  For me it hass never mattered whether the battery was charged or not.  Just sometimes, and apparently without reason, the device will be unable to be turned on.  To fix this, I have to take out the battery for a few seconds, replace it, and then power on the device.  Usually, it will give the white screen, then go out.  Then I hit the power button again and all is right again.

It is definitely strange behavior that is a minor annoyance except in those times where I don't have my charger along.  Then it's useless until I can get back to one.

hope that helps in some way.

In Vino Veritas
http://astroturfgarden.com