770 brick

Hi,

ext Frantisek Dufka wrote:
> DJ Delorie wrote:
>> Maybe the lithium battery is too weak to even boot far enough to turn
>> the charger software on?
>
> That would be strange. Once you plug in the charger device should be
> powered from charger, not battery, so even if battery is empty it should
> work (in theory). Yes, the charging may start later, but the device
> should still boot and work with charger.
>
> However it could be battery related. Device cannot be turned on with no
> battery inserted so maybe battery is somehow faulty and device thinks
> there is no proper battery. Cleaning battery contact might help. Also
> some people reported that when device acts strangely it helps to remove
> battery and leave it for some time (hours?) to forget whatever it remembers.
>
> It can be also charger related. My N770 charger now works only sometimes
> after year and half of usage (probably broken wire somewhere in the
> cord). Same charger that came with N800 has a bit thicker cord so
> hopefully this one will last longer.

If this doesn't work, one could try to charge the battery in some
other compatible (Nokia) device, or loan another battery from somewhere
and test with that.

Setting the RD-mode with flasher and trying a reboot might be worth
a try too as long as one disables the mode after trying (RD-mode
disables some battery checks!).

	- Eero