Wikipedia on the n800

Elvin Tan wrote:
> I'm looking to get wikipedia on my n800. I got an 8gb SDHC handy too.

I didn't test this approach myself but a possible solution to your
problem is to run a dictd server on your device. Here are a few pointers:

Convert Wikipedia SQL dumps to the dictd database format
http://www.industree.org/guaka/wiki/Wik2dict

Dictd for maemo (server)
https://garage.maemo.org/projects/dictd/

Maemo dict (client application)
https://garage.maemo.org/projects/maemodict/

If the fact of having to be online is not a problem for you, you can
find a list of public servers which provide Wikipedia databases here :
http://luetzschena-stahmeln.de/dictd/index.php

All this may be overkill compared to Paul's solution though.

Mathieu