Arg! My backup doesn't work!!!

Hi,

ext Tim wrote:
> Ok, so, I made my bsckup before flashing the new firmware... I checked the
> backup directory on the MMC -- everything appeared ok (although, I didn't
> look any "deeper"). Now, after upgrading, the Backup/Restore app doesn't see
> the backup. So, I checked the contents of my backup.metadata file and, guess
> what... It's completely blank (no XML data, nothing).
>
> Now, my question is... What can I do?

Unfortunately I don't think there's nothing that can be done, flashing
removes all information. I'm sorry about this.

However, I'd like to determine how it's possible that there was a failed
backup without an error message.  Hopefully you still have the same
card, could you check a few things:

1. Which ITOS release did you have?
2. Was the card so full that backup didn't fit to it or was it
   write-protected?
3. If you check the card for filesystem errors, are there errors?
4. What is your card type, model and size?
5. "ls -l" of the backup directory?
6. What data you had selected to be backed up (all?)?

	- Eero