youtube doesn't work anymore

On Friday 03 August 2007 09:43:16 Kahlil Johnson wrote:
> > I didn't use Youtube much before, but on IT OS 2007 v4.2007.26-8 and the
> > default Opera browser, I've noticed videos often fail to load fully so I
> > can only see half the video or so. This is a problem I also experience on
> > my linux desktop using Flash9. Is this what you're speaking of when you
> > say "youtube doesn't work"?
>
> I get a message saying that I need the latest flash version. Yet this
> was working just 2 weeks ago. So I had to blame youtube since I can
> load other flash animation like metacafe and google video with no
> problem.
>
> > --Paul

> > workaround?

> > > Yes, it happened to me, too (after the last IT2007 update).
> > > But then it started working again using the new (and still in beta)
> >
> > Mozilla browser backend (you can find it here:
> > http://browser.garage.maemo.org)
> >
> > > Luca Donaggio

I had similar fun (pre Mozilla) where for some unknown reason youtube couldn't
detect javascript (also part of the error you get about flash version).  Then
some dummy didn't pay attention to battery and had to reboot his Nokia...
Then it started working again.  Later it happened again and when I went into
xterm to look at the process list I had some hung processes related to the
browser.  Killed them and I was again back in business.  Seemed to me to be
related to loosing connectivity during a video.

Then again what do I know I just got told by a programmer that a process that
combines 3 streams into a single file in  time stamp order isn't an
aggregation.

James