Anyone run Xournal successfully on N800?

Hello,

I used to run (and enjoy) previous versions of Xournal on previous
firmware for my N800 and it worked well. However, the latest version
(that has been out for a while now) with more recent firmware seems to
run and it detects stylus taps but as soon as I start to take notes,
it bogs down, takes up 100% CPU and causes my tablet to become
completely unresponsive for a time that depends on how long I
scribbled with the stylus. It looks like it is working really hard to
draw the lines on the screen but never does.

Is anyone else having this issue?

/Mike