Newbie asks what is the key to repository access?

On 7/29/07, D. L. Fuller <dlfuller at clientandfuller.com> wrote:
> I didn't read your email until just after sending my last reply.
>
> I did remove all mistral repository references from the application
> catalog.  I even tried maemo2.2 in place of gregale.  Like you a
> check of the file URLs seemed correct to me.

You shouldn't need to remove all you're mistral repositories, just
mistral repositories that might provide different versions of the same
packages as your gregale repositories. More specifically, that means
don't have http://repository.maemo.org in there twice ;)

What I've often done when adding any non-bora repository to my N800 is
I'll install the application and then uncheck the "enabled" box. If I
need that repository again I can simply re-check the box, but I leave
it off most of the time to avoid possible conflicts. This is something
you should definitely do if you need 2 versions of the same
repository, but I don't think should generally be a problem as mistral
and gregale are both for versions of IT OS 2006...

> The data that is detected during the installation (from the contents
> of http://repository.maemo.org/dists/gregale/free/binary-armel/
> Packages) also seemed to provide a correct path: "Filename: pool/
> maemo2.2/free/e/e2fsprogs/e2fsprogs_1.37-2sarge1_armel.deb".  I
> assume this Filename data is added to the Repository name
> (repository.maemo.org) to get the complete path.

Yes, that's how it does it.