Experience with N800 portable autonomous battery charger

James Knott wrote:
> Laurent GUERBY wrote:
>
>> So I went another route and bought:
>>
>> - 4x AA NIMH batteries with charger (1),
>> - a USB battery extender with room for 4xAA (2)
>> - a USB to N800 power plug adapter, part of a quite complete charger and
>> adapter pack (3)
>>

> Where'd you find the USB - N800 adapter?  Even that much would be
> useful, as the N800 could then be charged by any computer or "cigarette
> lighter" adapter.

I ordered this from boxwave and it works well.

http://www.boxwave.com/products/minisync/minisync-retractable-cable-nokia-e62_2097.htm

My Dodge Magnum has 3 cigarette lighters...which somes in handy. One at
front dash is for powering my ST5111 tablet on RamMount.

Another is in console...I put cigarette 2 usb hub in there and since
console has "routing" holes the cables can squirt outside where you
connect device and place inverted in cupholder or something. Another DC
socket at tailgate...for blender/parties.

If you have 2+ devices any of the mini/micro usb hubs work excellent as
recharging stations. See Targus...and get one that's powered.

I'm glad us "consumers" finally have a standard charging solution. It's
liberating to bring single usb cable for recharging your stuff.