question on booting from mmc

Well, this is my very same question I posted here [1] (read the "newbie
question" #1 at the end of the post).
There were some interesting answers, e.g. this one [2], which I didn't
tried for lack of time.

Unfortunately no one still has been able to complete the page [3] that the
"sebastian.linux" wrote on the wiki with the steps to perform an easy
backup/restore under the dual boot setup, hopefully with the same
straightforward and simple way of writing. The possibility of an easy
backup/restore of the system is a natural consequence of that setup, so it
would be appropriate in that wiki page, if someone could test/find a
working way to achieve it.

--
Antonio

[1]