Thought on 3rd part applications.

Wahlau - wrote:
> Hi,
>
> on top of this idea, how about the ability of being able to have the
> softwares checked in terms of dependencies and such, so that upon
> insertion of the internal disk, it would be cross checked and my
> previously installed software can be just "integrated" into any
> Internet Tablet, provided the model is the same.
>
> then we can even have a tablet at home, and every family member can
> have his own disk to use it as they like with their desired
> softwares/applications.
>
> not sure if that makes sense ;)

Yes and on top of this and previous idea you may just try to boot from
the card directly (i.e having whole system on the card) which will save
you a lot of hassle with hacking the system and the result will be more
robust and totally customizable (i.e. each family member can have its
own system settings).

http://maemo.org/community/wiki/howto_easily_boot_from_mmc_card/

Frantisek