OpenSSH on OS 2006 repository problem?

On Mon, Jul 09, 2007 at 12:10:33PM -0400, dasDasein wrote:
> When I click the installer for OpenSSH from Maemo download site, it fails to
> add repository and install.  I manually entered the repository, and try to
> install openssh-installer I get ... "Unable to download. Package not found."
>
> But I am able to browse the repository manually...
>
> http://mg.pov.lt/770/dists/mistral/user/binary-armel/
>
> and download the package (openssh-installer_0.1-1_armel.deb) manually.

This was an attempt to build an empty user-installable package
(openssh-installer) that depends on a non-user-installable package
(ssh).  The attempt wasn't successful because these two packages come
from different repositories, and a single .install file cannot add two
repostitories at once.

I you have the maemo repository (the SDK one) added to your app
installer, you ought to be able to use this method to get OpenSSH.

Marius Gedminas
--
Undergraduates owe their happiness chiefly to the fact that they are no
longer at school...The nonsense which was knocked out of them at school is