Status of SyncEvolution and PIM applications

On Monday 09 July 2007 08:08, Lars Persson Fink wrote:
> 2. What synchronization possibilities are available for them? What is
> their respective status?
>
> OpenSync
> (http://cleardefinition.com/page/Sync_Evolution_and_GPE_on_N800/) syncs
> GPE with Evolution.

OpenSync also synchronises GPE with (any combination of) Kontact (and
components), files, and many mobile phones and other PDAs.   It also handles
SyncML although I have never used that.  I do routinely synchronise GPE with
kdepim, files and my Nokia mobile phone.

I even have an add-on to synchronise with an Exchange server (but only one
way -- see http://www.cobb.uk.net/OWA/owasync.html).

> 4. What is the level of functionality of Erminig and OpenSync, do they
> sync addresses, todos and calendar items? Two-way, one-way?

Opensync syncs addresses, todos and calendar items, two-way.  However, only
to/from the GPE equivalents -- it does not currently synchronise with the
tablet's own Contact list.  Adding synchronisation of notes using the
tablet's built in Notes application is on my todo list -- but don't hold your
breath, real work is taking all my time at the moment.

Graham