Status of SyncEvolution and PIM applications

hendrik at topoi.pooq.com wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 09, 2007 at 09:08:28AM +0200, Lars Persson Fink wrote:
>
>> 2. What synchronization possibilities are available for them? What is
>> their respective status?
>> Erminig (http://maemo.org/downloads/product/erminig/) syncs GPE with
>> Google Calendar.
>>
>> OpenSync
>> (http://cleardefinition.com/page/Sync_Evolution_and_GPE_on_N800/) syncs
>> GPE with Evolution.
>>

> GPE maintains its data base on a SQLite data base on my desktop
> Debian machine.  I believe one of the distributed revisioning control
> systems has a specific plugin for SQLite.  So maybe that would work.
> That would give you an 2-way sync that remembers history.  Actually, I
> suppose it would give you an n-way merge between as many GPE sites as
> you want.
>
> -- hendrik

The OpenSync instructions I listed there give you a 2-way sync.  About
the only major thing I can find wrong with it, is that completed todo
items are not synced, so they must be marked as completed manually on
both the N800 and Evolution.  No messing with the SQLite datastore required.

--
Ryan Pavlik
AbiWord Win32 Platform Maintainer, Art Lead: www.abisource.com

"Optimism is the father that leads to achievement."
 -- Helen Keller

"The folder structure in a modern Linux distribution such as Ubuntu
was largely inspired by the original UNIX foundations that were
created by men with large beards and sensible jumpers."
 -- Jono Bacon, The Ubuntu Guide