Gettig back on the shell

On Sat, Jul 07, 2007 at 11:26:19AM -0500, Kahlil Johnson wrote:
> Thanks for the url, it really help me. however where can i get
> libncurses5 which many cli tools rely upon.

You mean some of the .install files linked on that page
(http://mg.pov.lt/770/reflash-n800.html) do not work for you?

Oh, dear.  This is a problem caused by the multitude of the
repositories.  When a package X from 3rd party repository A depends on a
package Y from a different 3rd party repository B, it is not possible to
write a working single-click install file for X.  It would be possible,
if .install files could add more than one repository, but currently
they're limited to a single one.

I usually install the packages in about the same order they're listed in
that file.  If it so happens that I install some package Z from repository B
first, then I can install package X afterwards and not notice that it
pulled some dependency from repository B.

The proper solution for this mess would be to have a single central
repository (e.g. Maemo Extras) and upload everything to it, the way
Debian/Ubuntu works.  I wasn't such a lazy slob, I'd go and reupload all
my packages there today...

Marius Gedminas
--
I dont know about madness (and anyway, the little green martians dancing
around me tell me not to worry...), but I've implemented something not