Gettig back on the shell

On Fri, Jul 06, 2007 at 10:29:54PM -0500, Kahlil Johnson wrote:
> I just upgrade to RX-34_2007SE_4.2007.26-8, however I don't have many
> applications on the repository. Any tips on how to get back my tools,
> specially xterm, dropbear/ssh xchat, gaim, mplayer, etc.

Reinstall.

I've created a web page with direct links to .install files for the
applications I want to have: http://mg.pov.lt/770/reflash-n800.html
After a reflash I open that page in Opera and keep tapping.

That's just a convenience for myself to have all the install links on
one page, you could just as well open the Maemo application catalog and
find all the apps you want there.

Alternatively you can click on the .install links for the application
repositories, and then go through the list of apps in the application
installer.

(By the way, I see reflashing a perfect opportunity to get rid of all
the applications I had installed but never used.  Sure beats looking at
it as an inconvenience.)

Marius Gedminas
--
Anybody who doesn't cut his speed at the sight of a police car is
probably parked.