Fwd: Skype on N800

why this list doesn't change REPLY-TO?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: ?????? ??????? <laplandersan at gmail.com>
Date: 30.06.2007 0:33
Subject: Re: Skype on N800
To: George Farris <farrisg at cc.mala.bc.ca>

2007/6/29, George Farris <farrisg at cc.mala.bc.ca>:
> On Fri, 2007-29-06 at 10:37 -0400, Mike Lococo wrote:
> > > http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/shut-yo-mouth/is-that-skype-on-a-nokia-n800-273037.php
> >
> > The JK post (1) is much more informative.  This has been scheduled for
> > the end of the quarter and a fair number of folks are waiting with
> > baited breath for the next OS update in expectation that Skype will be
> > in it.
> >
> > However, JK notes that his sources at the Nokia booth suggest that video
> > calls will not be supported... which is fantastically disappointing.
> > Video calling is _by_far_ the most useful potential application for the
> > camera.
> >
> > (1) http://jkontherun.blogs.com/jkontherun/2007/06/skype-on-the-no.html
>
> Did you expect anything else?  The people behind Skype have no interest
> in Linux at all.  Video on Linux is a no brainer, they could have
> included it a long time ago.  Basically there is probably about .25 of a
> person working on this app.  The best that could happen is someone
> reverse engineers the skype protocol and we can kiss the rotten company
> goodbye.
I disagree, the better would port new version of telepathy which
already present in n770/n800 for chat and voice but very old snapshot.
Moreover it based on open XMPP standard used by google if you want
weighted names. This new version according to screenshots on the site
already implements video calls.

--
Sayonara, Max.

--