From: maemo-users-bounces at maemo.org [mailto:maemo-users-bounces at maemo.org]
On Behalf Of Jonathan Greene
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2007 5:19 AM
To: Kevin T. Neely
Cc: maemo-users at maemo.org
Subject: Re: When are we to expect the next update for the N800 from Nokia?

You need to really use the headset to get the most from it though
speakerphone works fine too - at least in my experience.  Gizmo is
great since it lets you call phones, but the Google Talk app on the
tablet also works very well if your contacts have an account.

On 6/25/07, Kevin T. Neely <ktneely at astroturfgarden.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 25, 2007 at 01:27:39PM -0500, randall.arnold at nokia.com wrote:
> > I want free or cheap WiFi to be as highly available as my GSM service.
> > Then I can chuck my phone and live on my N800.  ; )
>

> While we are on the subject of using the Internet Tablet as a phone, can
anyone tell me (or point me to some good how-to/wiki pages) how they do it?
I just signed up for and installed the Gizmo client today.  That went pretty
well, and then I got one of those free inbound phone numbers, which worked
well too.  Now, when I answer, I can hear the other person, but they don't
hear me.  I may have meessed up the mic on my 770.

> Is there a way to use a Bluetooth headset?  The gizmo faq says they'e not
supported, but then again, I don't think keyboards are officially supported,
but mine works perfectly all day long.

> thank you for this and other tips,
> Kevin
>
> --