Gizmo (was: Re: When are we to expect...)

On Wed, Jun 27, 2007 at 01:28:29PM +0200, Josh Smith wrote:
> The current Gizmo version's keypad doesn't work on the n800, and to
> accept an incoming call you need the keypad... doh... I am sure
> they'll fix it - actually I wonder if anyone has complained - er -
> filed a bug on that?

Same with the 770.  I am runing the version 3 beta client on my tablet and it exhiits this problem.  Outbound calls sound great, according to my parents.

There are a couple posts in the forums; I am not aware as to whether or not they have any sort of Bugtraq for that project.

Apparently, it works just fine if you do not have the call screening feature enabled.  You can achieve this by either paying for the basic version of the 775 number, or getting one of their call-in numbers.  I think I am going to try it, as $4/mo is not that bad for inbound calls.

I am not trying to get free calls.  But, I am not much of a phone user, and when I do use it, with the exception of the car, I tend to be near a wi-fi connection.  What I like about Gizmo is the pricing structure fits a user with my profile, but mostly I like the idea or it as a home phone replacement, but a replacement that also fills the role of my mobile phone at least 50% of the time, as well.  The other feature that is great is that if I forget my phone, this makes for a great backup, whether I am at my laptop, have my 770, or am at a work desktop.

So, one question:  Is this headset y'all mentioned available for the 770?  Or just the 800?

thanks,
Kevin

--
In Vino Veritas