When are we to expect the next update for the N800 from Nokia?

On Mon, 2007-06-25 at 07:52 +0100, Alan Williamson wrote:
> We are now coming into the second half of the year, and we've only had
> one major update from Nokia so far.
>
> Some of the things I am hoping to see in the next service release:
>
> - Skype support
> - Integrated Email client replaced with something useful

	That update fixed a variety of problems. Are there burning OS issues
that should be addressed? There is a whole community that is churning
out Maemo ports of all sorts of software. There is a Maemo port of Claws
and it's very useful. Why should Nokia duplicate that?

> - RSS reader improvements

	I believe there are several Maemo ports of this type as well. Same as
above.

> With the Apple iPhone about to get a major exposure, the beauty of this
> device may soon be lost in the media/blog noise.  I was looking at it
> the other day thinking, if this device had GPRS/EDGE support then it
> would be a rival for the iPhone.

	Apples and oranges, literally. I for one do *not* want it to be an
iPhone competitor. Then the beauty of this device will get lost in the
noise. I want a device much like it is now, separate from my phone.

> Afterall, its not as if Nokia doesn't have this experience in house!  ;-)

	It appears that Nokia has made the conscious decision not to use this
experience to make a so called smart phone out of the tablet. Thank
You!! If that's what you like, I believe there are several options
available from Nokia.
	Just my $0.02, YMMV.

Best Regards,
--