bad stream performance when streaming to N800

Hi there,

not sure if this is the right place for posting this, btw, here it goes.

I am trying some experiments on streaming audio to N800. The scenario is: I
have three desktops (A, B, and C) and one N800. Desktops A and B are
connected at the same hub. Desktop C has no wired connection Its only
network interface is an USB bluetooth dongle attached to it.

Well. Desktop A is streaming in the wired network a MP3 at 256kbps. Desktop
B catches this stream, wraps each packet payload (and some more data from
the RTP packet) into a smaller packet I have defined, and streams them again
through l2cap to desktop C. Everything goes fine so far. I am reproducing
the stream at desktop C and it is smooth. Problems arise when desktop B
streams the same content to N800 instead of a desktop. In N800 the stream
jitter is considerably bigger than in the desktop. The result is that the
playback at N800 is very bad, freezing all the time. The CPU usage at N800
during the stream reception is about 15% and 0.2% of memory usage (according
with top).

Does anyone know some reason to this low quality when streaming to N800?
Some extra information:

* All dongles in use are 2.0 compatible
* I am reproducing the stream both at N800 and desktop using gstreamer.
However, the sinks are different (using "decodebin ! osssink
preroll-queue-len=0" on desktop and "dspmp3sink preroll-queue-len=0" on
N800)
* The playback at N800 is smooth for bitrates under 196kbps
* The playback at the desktop is smooth even at 320kbps

Thanks in advance for any hint.

Cheers,

Loreno