Over BT connection everything works except web browser

On Wednesday 20 June 2007 16:41:54 Brian Litzinger wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've have an N800 running OS2007.
>
> I connected it to a T-mobile DASH via bluetooth.
>
> I can ssh from the N800, or run pidgin and connections
> out to the general internet work fine.
>
> However, the opera web browser just says 'connecting' no
> matter what page I try to visit.  I have tried using
> IP addresses also.
>
> I did create and I am using the DummyIAP.
>
> Any ideas what I have missed?
>
> (Everything works fine with the Dash connected to my laptop
> including using firefox to visit web pages)
>
> I have been testing with www.google.com and www.wikipedia.com.
>
> (and IP addresses too)

I'm using the EDGE service on T-Mobile and the T-Mobile internet settings
straight out of the box.  Now I have had problems on occasion where a wifi
connections changes the nameserver list in /etc/resolv.conf and it doesn't
get changed back after disconnect.

If this happens I stop being able to surf and I nave to change my resolv.conf
back to the single line

nameserver 127.0.0.1

James